- Ensure you provide an environment for the talent to do great work.
- Understand that your relationship with them is at best temporary, and so you need to ensure both parties benefit from this fleeting encounter.
- Have your IT function major on building a collaborative infrastructure.
- Brace HR for the reality that you will no longer be recruiting with compliance as the primary characteristic.
- Ensure your brand is talent-friendly. Your corporate and social responsibility activities need to be more than website-deep.
- The talent will be arriving with a comet tail of data following them. Ensure your systems and sensors are optimised to help the talent capitalise on their personal data.
- Ensure your IT function can meet the user expectations, which will range from bring your own device (byod) to byo datacentre.
- Great talent will attract great talent. Work hard to acquire the first superstar.
Talent trumps customers in the digital economy. Ensure you focus accordingly.